The Lord Captain has forbidden me to write down the events of our journey, but what use is a remembrancer who does not remember? I can only hope that, if we survive, this journal will be a record of victory over these traitors and not an account of the end of our Imperium.

The Emperor protects. ~J

Tuesday 25 August 2015

XXII. Swordmaster

"There may be a hundred stances and sword positions, but you win with just one"
~Ancient proverb




Not all sons and daughters of Knight Households go on to inherit one of those machines of war. Many a younger son is forced to make his own way and find his own fortune. Some become scholars, some become priests of the Omnissiah; but others, lacking a Knight to be master of, become warriors of a different sort.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, what a fantastic model! You have a knack for knowing just the right about of green stuff work to sell a model, and bring out qualities not inherent in the original plastic. I really like the look of the non sword arm, the interesting bionics, and sleeve you sculpted really tap at the imagination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eric. I find I do my best stuff when I start out with no plan whatsoever and let it grow organically. Every time I set out to make a particular thing, I seem to hit a brick wall.

      This is a great example of one of those minis that just happened by playing around with bits until I had something that looked like something I'd want to finish. The job of the green stuff then becomes to tie the different parts together and sell the mini

      Delete
  2. That is an amazing figure. Hats off to you, Sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Remarkable looking conversion! You have a knack for creating really believable and characterful poses in your models. The love this Swordmaster's bionic hand. It looks like he is flexing it in anticipation of a coming confrontation!

    Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete