The Lord Captain has forbidden me to write down the events of our journey, but what use is a remembrancer who does not remember? I can only hope that, if we survive, this journal will be a record of victory over these traitors and not an account of the end of our Imperium.

The Emperor protects. ~J

Monday 1 June 2015

XVIII Onward!

It's been a whole month with no news, but I've not been totally idle. I've started painting a couple of minis but, so far, finished neither.


Duke Ko is coming along nicely. I'm delighted with how he manages to look both regal and creepy. I've also started work on my second 'Art Scale' Iron Hand.


4 comments:

  1. While your Iron Hands are awesome it's Ko that I love seeing worked on.

    He's easily my favorite conversion of that model and I don't think that I've seen a bad conversion based off of it. Can't wait to see him completely painted up in all his creepy and regal glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had this mini a while before deciding what yo do with him. Putting a new spin on a well known mini isn't easy so I just wait until I get inspired ... however long that takes. Glad you like him.

      Delete
  2. Your iron hands are really impressive, I'm loving the "non-black" black scheme you've done for them. Can't wait to see what you do next :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Joe. I think a true black can end up looking a bit flat unless you're very skilled at highlighting it. Some people achieve fantastic results with it, but I've always struggled. The non-black works better for my style I think. Glad you approve.

      Delete