The Lord Captain has forbidden me to write down the events of our journey, but what use is a remembrancer who does not remember? I can only hope that, if we survive, this journal will be a record of victory over these traitors and not an account of the end of our Imperium.

The Emperor protects. ~J

Sunday 14 June 2015

XIX. Guards, guards!

I seem to have a problem actually finishing miniatures at the moment. Very good at starting new ones, but not very good at finishing ones I've started.


This mini was something of a test. He's one of the foot soldiers of my Knight Household. Converted from a Solar Auxilia rifleman, I wanted to create a fusion of the deiselpunk style of the Solar Auxilia and the Gothic design of Imperial Knights. I'm very happy with the way he's worked out so I'll be making some more to create a small squad.







The foot soldiers of the Household are equipped with armour supplied by their Mechanicum allies and made from salvaged Solar Auxilia suits. Each man goes into battle with the 'Litany of Striving' fastened to their armour, a invocation of the power of the Omnissiah. This man wears a 'virtutis' on his right shoulder, a large medallion awarded for bravery in battle.

6 comments:

  1. Amazing looking miniature. You're sculpting is fantastic and It really inspires me to improve my own. This guy is full of character and I really like how every facet is thought out and has it's own meaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very very nice work, your additions really change the feel of the model,whilst being subtle at the same time.

    Looking forward to seeing a few more of these guys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool results, ton of charm indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great, excellent work. Look forward to seeing what you do for a whole squad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, I really appreciate all of your comments and feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can definitely relate to the issue of unfinished minis)

    The idea with the Household infantry is pretty cool. I've been wondering about how those would look and it would be interesting too see a full squad of them next to Knights.

    ReplyDelete