The Lord Captain has forbidden me to write down the events of our journey, but what use is a remembrancer who does not remember? I can only hope that, if we survive, this journal will be a record of victory over these traitors and not an account of the end of our Imperium.

The Emperor protects. ~J

Sunday 7 September 2014

IV. The Astartes Arrive

Work on the Quartermaster is continuing. His face is done and I'm starting on the fiddly details. Photographing him close up has made me realise there's a massive mold line running along his left hand though. Having seen it, I must fix it.



However, work on him was slowed down when these chaps turned up to distract me;


These are the first of the Euripides' Astartes, Iron Hands in MkIII armour. Once the Quartermaster is completed, I'll be starting work on them, probably painting their armour in a similar manner to Q's black breastplate.


And to distract me even more, my lovely over half bought me a present off ebay;



This is the Imperial Enforcer, the Forge World event only miniature from a few years back. Now, I'm not sure what I'm going to do with him, but he's such a beautiful miniature, I'm too scared to hack him up. I can't just go out a get a new one if I balls it up. I've recently finished reading "Battle for the Abyss". This book is really what inspired me, more than anything else to collect the crew of a single ship. "Battle for the Abyss" features the Armsmen, the chaps responsible for maintaining discipline and security among the crew. I'm thinking perhaps the Imperial Enforcer could be the basis for the Captain of the Euripides' Armsmen. I've got a rough idea for a simple head swap, but the difficult part will be working out how to make some Armsmen for him to lead.


Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. The Quartermaster is looking great.
    Have you considered adding some blue/purple washes around his face and eyes to give him a more hagged and aged look? I'm sure all the hours he spends tinkering with tech would have an unhealthy effect on his complexion :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a bit of a blue tinge under his eyes, but it hasn't come out too well in the photo. It's probably a bit too subtle so yes, some additional blue/purple is a good idea.

      Thanks for the feedback :)

      Delete